Ok it’s been a while but my hubby and I have been cooking together lately and as a team working on healthy recipes. He loves grilling and that really helps me out during the week with my busy schedule. We try to find easy meals that are not heavy and don’t take too long to cook and that can be prepared in advance.
It takes team work, but hey if you are flying solo this will easily work for you as well only 214 calories of deliciousness. The combination of tomato and mango may seem surprising, but the pickling ingredients bring them together in an enticing way.
Serves: 4 Time: 40 minutes, plus at least 30 minutes for the salsa to marinate ( I made it the night before)
Yellow Tomato Salsa:
1/2 lb. yellow tomatoes, cut in wedges
1/2 medium Serrano chile, very thinly sliced
3/4 Cup chopped Mango
2 Tbs. finely chopped red onion
1 1/2 Tsp. Minced fresh ginger
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tsp. Cracked coriander seeds
1 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
2 Tbs. unseasoned rice vinegar
1/2 Tsp. Kosher salt
1 green onion, slices diagonally
4 chicken breast halves with bones and skin
Unseasoned rice vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine tomatoes, chile, Mango, red onion, and ginger in a medium bowl.
2. Warm oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add coriander seeds and cook, stirring until medium brown, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and carefully stir in brown sugar, vinegar, and salt.
3. Pour warm spice mixture over tomato mixture and let stand 30 to 60 minutes for flavors to develop. I left overnight in the fridge.
4. Meanwhile, grill chicken. Prepare charcoal, or gas grill for direct heat medium high(450) above cooking grate 4-5 seconds, rub chicken with oil, a splash of vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Grill chicken, turning often, until and instant- read thermometer registers 160 at thickest part, 20-30 minutes.
5. Stir green onions into salsa and serve with chicken.
Prepare a side green salad If desired with meal.
#fit_w_katherine #familyfoodfitness #healthycookingtogether #healthygrilling